Welcome to the 10th week of grade 4 at NCS!
What a busy week it's been! Students in 4A and 4C have been working on lots of things in humanities class this week!
- Students continue to work on 20 minutes of "stamina reading" in class on a daily basis
- Students continue to work at various Literacy Centers (they spend 2 days at each center before rotating to the next center
- Students are continuing to work on Reading Response Journals (RRJ's) - this week, week 6 is due! You can check the right hand side for student's due dates.
- Ms. Clark is continuing to read individually with students (2-3 students per class, per day)
This week has been exciting as students have been presenting their Alberta Region Infographic Projects to the class! We brainstormed about how to present, how to be a good audience member, and students had a chance to practice/rehearse their presentations. Many students have been dressing up or bringing props in! We'll be done all of the presentations by this Friday, and I will send marks home in the assessment duotangs soon. Students have also been working to practice their listening skills and taking some jot notes during the presentations.
Below you'll see a few examples of our infographics!
We'll be starting our new unit next week, so stay tuned!
4A and 4C have both started reading "Sunwing" in flex time! This is the second book in the "Silverwing" series, by author Kenneth Oppel (we met him last month at school).
This week students had the opportunity to present their science projects (in Science Class), but also take a "gallery walk" during flex time to see other student's projects! It was a great way to talk to the grade 4 community at school!
Key Information/ Upcoming Information
- Remembrance Day Service tomorrow (November 10th) at 9:15 am. Students are encouraged to dress up as this is a formal assembly/service. All students will receive a poppy at school tomorrow. Poppy Donations will be accepted (if you choose to donate).
- Parent Teacher (and student) interviews next week, so book your interview time slot soon, spots have been filling up fast!
- No school next Thursday or Friday (due to interviews) - November 16th & 17th
- Nose Creek Book Fair is next week! Students in 4C will have an opportunity to go to the LC on Tuesday in flex time to take a look around (they can also go during lunch any day next week, or after school). Students can bring money to school to purchase items (if they want).
Hoping everyone has a warm week,